- The scale detects the espresso flow, then the timer starts.
- When the espresso flow stops with the timer running, the timer stops.
2. Droplet and Square
This mode is designed for baristas who would like to measure the time of the shot starting from the first few drops of espresso in a busy environment.
- When placing a stable weight on the scale, the scale will perform auto-tare operation.
- After the scale detects the espresso flow, the timer starts. The timer will stop when the espresso flow stops.
3. Triangle and Square
In this mode, the barista would like to measure the total time of a shot including the pre-infusion time. After placing a stable weight such as a cup on the scale, it performs auto-tare operation, then the timer starts.
- In all auto start modes, the timer will stop when the espresso flow stops.
- In all auto start modes, if you do not operate the scale for 30 seconds, it will reset timer and perform tare operation.
- In all auto start modes, the timer will stop when a negative weight (i.e. removal of cup) is detected.
- The scale will also display a previous stable weight that captures the coffee weight of the shot when you unloaded the cup.